Saturday, July 17, 2010

Styling Red

So many models here tonight! Wow!
As I stand here looking at the many lovely gowns in red and the different costumes, I marvel at the ingenuity of these incredible people. I think I see Red Riding Hood and a Devil and I realize these are some of the nicest, funniest people I've met here. Their humor is so refreshing and unending.

It's been such a busy day for me today. So much to do and I finally did it....I walked right off the stage at practice today. I was mortified until a couple of the other models told me they too had done that.It didn't totally eliminate the humiliation but it relieved some of the stress being able to laugh at myself.

There is just so much to remember modeling like this. The turns, the poses and the different line ups..oh my! I didn't mention that I'm still having grief with loading the AO, that is driving me bananas but I will continue to try until I get it right. I had better get it right or I won't graduate with my class.

Babysitting didn't help either. Having a three year old trying to get into your lap while you're trying to walk straight and holding the mouse while he pulls your arm is a task. I put in a movie for the children to watch and they find a reason to fight over it. One of them has stood up in front of the TV and the others are just going to die because they missed a scene. One has got to love children. They will tell you the truth no matter the result. Hugs and kisses to those babies. They sure made last night an experience I will remember.

The lag is unbelievable again tonight! So many models, so many huds and all the extra prims in the clothing, hair and shoes really slows down the response of the sim. I'm told by some of the more seasoned models that they have learned ways to deal with it and allow for it to work in their favor. I sure hope I can do the same.

I knew when I did my turn that I had messed it up. I took way too long on my poses and trying to operate those different huds and use the camera to turn properly proves to be a bit much when combined with the little one swinging from my arm like it's a trapeze. At least I tried. I prepared the best I could at the time and with the amount of time I had to get things together and each time it seems so stressful but each time I walk that runway I love it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment