Monday, July 19, 2010

Homework and Falling Off The Runway

I finally did it..I fell right off the runway!  I was so embarrassed, so glad nobody could see my face.  As if that weren't bad enough, I couldn't get back up on the runway.  There I was down on the floor trying to jump back up and not making it ( I believe my avatar was doing back flips) when finally one of the girls must have felt sorry for me and sent me a teleport.  Bless you for that.  I owe you a huge favor.  :)
The Homework.   This ain't no game folks!!!! These instructors are serious and they demand nothing less than the very best from every student.  Just when I thought I would catch up here comes another note card with more homework.  Make that a couple more note cards.  I'm laughing now because I finally got a HUD that works for my poses but at the time I just felt overwhelmed and I admit I have put in many, many hours of effort and just felt there is no way I would ever get all of this.  Don't anyone ask me how to load a HUD because I don't think I remember how I did it but I did do it and I did it all alone too.  Big Whoop! 
Oh well, I'm going to cut this short this morning.  I have already written my biography and the description of what I'm wearing for the Beautiful Gown theme.  I'll be back later hopefully with a good report.  Wishing the best of luck to all with big hugs.

Later on that day...I didn't get back to this blog.  Should anyone wonder why the answer is simple.  I was swamped knee deep in real life work with three little ones who had decided to see what the carpet would look like if painted with chocolate.   No, I didn't harm anyone and yes, I did get the chocolate out of the carpet.
The oldest and responsible child was listening to her Ipod and didn't happen to see what had taken place.  She sat quietly on the sofa and watched and listened as I queried the other two. 
I believe someone once described boys as 'snakes and snails and puppy dog tails'.  That person was definitely an optimist; you know, one of those people whose glass is always half full.
The two boys were in the recliner looking as though they would never do such a thing as paint carpet with chocolate.  I was not fooled!  The amount of chocolate around their mouths was a real give away. 
Does anyone have any idea how difficult it is to look and act angry when you want to laugh?  I may have been hysterical, I'm not real sure now as I look back on that day. 
When the three year old went over to the wall and faced the corner and announced that he was in a time out I knew I had lost this one for sure.  No way could I seriously be angry with them for what they clearly had done.  I got out the vinegar and went to work with a brush trying to remove the stains.  I wasn't laughing inside any longer but I look back on my own childhood and remember how I was and I realize that occasionally being afraid of what might happen and having to think about what I had done made a real impression on me.  The boys, especially the six year old heard every word I grumbled as I scrubbed and when I finally sat down smelling very like a pickle, I too realized we had just had one of those days we would one day think about and laugh.

I did show up for class and practice that day but it was once of those days when everything you touch just doesn't work.  My feet froze, my poses weren't working and my description was incomplete given that I had not had time to dress prior to class.  Thank you instructor for allowing me that one!  I was so relieved when she said I could go that I almost wept.  Okay, not quite that relieved but it was a definite relief and you can bet that the next time I will sign in early and make absolutely certain that the chocolate is far back in a corner of one of the highest cabinets where the children can't reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment